Sunday, July 5, 2009

Pantai Penarik, Setiu to Kuala Lumpur (Day 5)

Route : Penarik Inn-Selesa Hill Home Resort-Puchong
Expenditure:
Breakfast-RM$4.00
Lunch-RM$6.00
TOTAL : RM$10.00




Today is my final day of my tour. Beautiful sunrise greeted me upon opening my chalet door. Will be taking it easy today. First, I look for breakfast after washing-up and next will be lazing around to enjoy the beach and sunshine. Walked around Penarik Inn to take some photos. I really like the reception area where the big tree providing some nice shade and also added some coziness to the place. You could just enjoy a cup of coffee right under it. Oh! You need to bring your own coffee. Breakfast was 2km away. You got to cycle towards the round-about and the food stalls is located opposite the mosque on your right.

Cozy reception area with shady tree.


Nice to have breakfast here.



Round about next to the mosque. Breakfast stalls just opposite the mosque.



Yum..yum something different for breakfast today.

Breakfast was simple but different from my regular roti canai. Fried glutinous rice wrapped in palm leaf (triangle shape), spicy glutinous rice wrapped in banana leaf and steamed rice cube (ketupat) with satay sauces. Taste good!!


Chill up time. Sleeping on a hammock facing the sea and enjoy the day.

After breakfast I lazed around sleeping on the hammock enjoying myself.
However I need to clean my bike before the journey home. By 10.00am I was all packed up when a van pull over with the rest of the gang coming back from their Redang island trip. The bus was also waiting for us to up load all the items. One last group photo at Penarik Inn before a final good bye with handshake and some wet eyes. This group of scouts from Singapore and Malaysia besides doing their conversation project with WWF also contributed in helping the local at Kg. Penarik with some community work. Their contribution had been appreciated by the locals. It’s nice and touching to see how little contribution like this can make friendship last forever. River (that the guy name wearing the WWF t-shirt) and Nurul (standing on the right side of River) are both working for WWF.

Last group photo before leaving Penarik Inn.


All stuffs in the bus including the bicycle.

My cleaned bike in front of me also my leg rest.


The bus journey home was very comfortable but boring. With that, I end my blog with a good thank you to all that had taken time to read my solo cycle tour to the east coast. I hope you enjoy it and should you need to cycle pass this way, I hope those information I had share are useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment